Oxfordshire Outdoors has been providing high quality outdoor education for close to 50 years. We started out working with schools in Oxfordshire, hence our name, but in 2016 Oxfordshire County Council transferred the management of Oxfordshire Outdoors to the independent charity, Groundwork South. We now work with schools and groups of all kinds across the South East of England and in Wales.
To be the preferred trusted provider of high quality outdoor learning opportunities for schools and communities across the South of England and Wales, enabling every child to experience the benefits of outdoor learning.
At Oxfordshire Outdoors our mission is to provide inspirational, challenging, high quality outdoor learning experiences for all.
We have a number of universal values that thread through our One Service approach. These values at the core of everything we do. Our values are:
- we encourage participants to take ownership of their course; to drive their learning and to maximise the opportunities placed in front of them
- an inclusive ethos, providing opportunities for all
- a common sense approach to managing safety, ensuring we have a balanced risk benefit approach
- we provide experienced and capable staff to deliver our courses
- we provide the resources required to support high quality delivery
- we work in partnership with our visit leaders to design programmes that will challenge all participants to an appropriate level, through differentiated and progressive content
- we recognise and celebrate successes and how to cope when it doesn’t work out
- we develop a respect and understanding of the complexities of preserving our venues and the wider environments in which we operate
- we provide opportunities to enable participants to learn about themselves and others; to understand the needs of living together in a small community and to take responsibility for their actions
- we value the contributions of all involved, enabling everyone to play their part and have fun
- we provide time and resources to reflect on and analyse individual and group learning
- we provide an opportunity for evaluation and feedback on each course